Friday, February 20, 2009

When are WE held accountable??

Last night TMZ released a photo of what looks to be a beaten Rihanna. It actually looks like a photo taken by the police for investigation. Her face is bruised up. I will not post the picture, read on.
The LAPD released a statement in reguards to the leaked photo. I love my media outlets, and I completely believe in free speech and freedom of the press, but I also believe in a vicitims right to remain shielded. Now I dont know if Rihanna was a victim, the TRUTH has not been put out there, but as a survivor of a violent crime, I can tell you this photo being put out on the net is like reliving the exerperince all over again. I know TMZ has the rights to do what they want and they are there in the "media" for shock value, but did not one person think of the effects on the person in the photo before they posted it? I mean there has to be just some kind of limit to what you will do to a person in order to humiliate them.
I support websites from DX to RX to 5star to world star for hip hop, and as a media/press person myself, I have to wonder if any of them who posted that pic thought of the human ramifications that it would do. and Why are they not held accountable for recieving stolen property. That photo was stolen stated by the LAPD, and I love you guys on the sites from allhiphop.com to ballerstatus BUT the fact is, you have to be held some how accountable for what you are putting out to the masses, and the HARM you are doing to someone, especially the victim of a violent crime. Did not one person on any of the sites not have an ounce of human compasion and think before they posted those photos?
I really think a situation like this needs to have a lesson taught. To many times the media is allowed to blow situations out of proportion, run rumors and hearsay and potentially ruin humans lives and just make up absurd stories for some hits.
again I support the free press, but I think this has crossed a line into what could be considered...inhuman and completely careless.
I dont like to deal with police, been that way for a long time, but in this situation there is no street justice that can be served to teach media outlets they are responsible for thier content. So
I hope that the LAPD,Rihanna's camp, and Chris Browns camp make an example out of every single person who choose to post that photo and they have TMZ all across the photo so they cant say it wasnt from that source.
To all those sites out there, to everyone who reposted the link to that photo, think about this:
if that was your mom, your sister, your GF your cousin your family member, would you really want that photo all over the net?
I know i wouldnt want my family member to have pain added onto pain.